Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Poor fit-to-page printouts

How come cell contents become non-printable when the printout is fit to the
page? We have worksheets that display and print fine at 100%, but print
poorly when fit to the page. Shouldn't the program simply reduce all
elements so they will print as in normal mode only smaller?

In one sheet we have a column of phone numbers formatted with the special
format for phone numbers. The column is plenty wide and contains more blank
space per cell, including the contents, than many other cells.
Notwithstanding, the phone numbers all print as asterisks (*), indicating
the content won't fit in the designated cell, when the printout is forced to
print the page.

This problem is most frustrating since it appears that the worksheet is
well-designed and should print fine. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to
print our worksheets when reduced to fit the page?