Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Driving Me MAD !!!!!

Hi

I run Excel 2K

I need to place 2 range names with offset values in my spread sheet to
create a dynamic chart

The 1st range name (called RollValues) offset value is:-

=OFFSET(ROLL_HIST!$B$41,1,0,COUNTA(ROLL_HIST!$B:$B )-1,1)

The 2nd range name (called RollLabels) offset value is:-

=OFFSET(ROLL_HIST!RollValues,0,-1)

The problem I have is that every time I try to create the 2nd range name
Excel keeps replacing the ROLL_HIST part of the offset value with the name of
my workbook file. See Below

=OFFSET('Diverts Weekly 2008 (2) NEW.xls'!RollValues,0,-1)

Has anyone any idea why this keeps happening?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It's happening because RollValues is a workbook level range. If you save
it as a WorksheetLevel range, it'll be changed to something like

=OFFSET('Sheet1'!RollValues,0,-1)

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt