Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
heitorfjr

Default Need Help, this is driving me nuts

OK, I'm not a math or computer person but my wife is something like that
and she can't do it (I guess she is not that great, this seems to be
simple enough). Basically I was trying to use an excell spreadsheet to
keep my fitness progress and I found something on the internet, but the
problem is that it's very limited from what I want, which in turn is
much simpler than the template I found.

I started working out and just wanted to keep track of my body
measurements (chest, biceps, etc) and this template does it, except
that it measures the difference as negative. Example: Today my right
biceps measures 12 inches and next week it measures 13, the difference
should be +1. This template calculates as a negative so the result
would be -1 instead. Other than that the spreadsheet is perfect.

Also can I add more rows for body parts that are not listed and delete
other functions I don't care for like the total or bmi at the botton of
the template?

This is the spreadsheet:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT010482871033

Thanks

--
heitorfjr
heitorfjr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30491

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

That is because it is showing loss, and a gain is a negative loss. Just
change it around, change E8 to say Month gain, then change the formula in E8
=OFFSET(E8,0,-1)-OFFSET(E8,0,-2)

the formula in F8 to

=OFFSET($F8,0,-2)-$C8

and copy both cells down to row 15

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"heitorfjr" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
heitorfjr

Thank you very much, you people are geniuses.

Now I'm trying to save the spreadsheet on my computer but when I try to
open it, it freezes the computer. Why is that happening? Could be the
macro?