Kevin

Default Question about Cell Borders

I need to be able to set a default cell border style, thickness and color,
such that when the Border button on the Format toolbar is clicked, that
border will be consistently applied to the selected cells. Is there any way
to permanently change the border produced by the toolbar button.

Thanks
Kevin
JE McGimpsey

I don't know of any way to reliably do what you're after. However, a
better solution would be to create a new toolbar button and attach a
macro that you record (Tools/Macros/Record new macro) applying the
border style, thickness and color that you want.

In article ,
"Kevin" <ksorei at yahoo.com wrote:

I need to be able to set a default cell border style, thickness and color,
such that when the Border button on the Format toolbar is clicked, that
border will be consistently applied to the selected cells. Is there any way
to permanently change the border produced by the toolbar button.

PA

You can change the border default color by changing the gridline color:
Tools|Options|View. Gridline color is change in lower left corner in the
Window Option section at the bottom. THe border color is the same as the
gridline color.
Style, thickness, etc - I dont know either.