TroutKing

Default An easy macro question and one I believe to be a little more diffi

I asked these questions the last couple of days, but didnt get the response
I needed so I decided to try once more.

First Question (easy I believe):
Can someone please tell me how to get Excel to prompt me for a desired
folder (inside my macro) instead of always requiring me to hardcode the
desired folder itself into the macro?

Second Question:
How do I make a cell equal to another cells value (and hardcode it) and not
that other cells revolving formula (without using a macro)? For example:
Cell X is set up to read the current date
Cell Y is an empty cell that the user will either leave blank or place an €œX€
I need cell Z to read cell Y and if there is an €œX€ then I need the date in
cell X to be HARDCODED into cell Z.

I received some helpful information on the second question, but it stopped
short of telling me how to hardcode the desired information. Can someone
please help?

Don Guillett

You could use a list box from the forms menu attached to the macro.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"TroutKing" wrote in message
Thanks Don that helped. Is there a way to have it prompt me for the

desired
folder but open an info box that lets me select the folder instead of

typing
the folder name?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

ans=inputbox("Enter folder")
then use ans in your string instead of the folder name

2. you need a macro to leave the value. or you need to chg the formula

to a
value after.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"TroutKing" wrote in message
I asked these questions the last couple of days, but didn't get the

response
I needed so I decided to try once more.

First Question (easy I believe):
Can someone please tell me how to get Excel to prompt me for a desired
folder (inside my macro) instead of always requiring me to hardcode

the
desired folder itself into the macro?

Second Question:
How do I make a cell equal to another cells value (and hardcode it)

and
not
that other cells revolving formula (without using a macro)? For

example:
Cell X is set up to read the current date
Cell Y is an empty cell that the user will either leave blank or place

an
"X"
I need cell Z to read cell Y and if there is an "X" then I need the