JE McGimpsey

I don't know of any way to reliably do what you're after. However, a
better solution would be to create a new toolbar button and attach a
macro that you record (Tools/Macros/Record new macro) applying the
border style, thickness and color that you want.

In article ,
"Kevin" <ksorei at yahoo.com wrote:

I need to be able to set a default cell border style, thickness and color,
such that when the Border button on the Format toolbar is clicked, that
border will be consistently applied to the selected cells. Is there any way
to permanently change the border produced by the toolbar button.