Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default data two colums percentage third column

I am having a hard time finding a function to calculate the percentage using
column A/column B because it keeps returning the answer in column C as zero.
Is this a setting specific to my computer or am I doing something wrong?

This is exactly what I typed:
=C2/I2

and it returns zero although the answer is obviously not zero but a
decimal....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

If you have data in column A that you wish to express as a percentage of the
value in column B then the formula in C2 should be
=A2/B2*100
or, if C2 had been pre-formatted as Percentage, then
=A2/B2

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"mhassall1" wrote in message
I am having a hard time finding a function to calculate the percentage
using
column A/column B because it keeps returning the answer in column C as
zero.
Is this a setting specific to my computer or am I doing something wrong?

This is exactly what I typed:
=C2/I2

and it returns zero although the answer is obviously not zero but a
decimal....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

This is exactly what I typed:
=C2/I2

In which cell did you put the above? It shouldn't be in either C2 or I2. And
when you select the formula inside the formula bar, then press F9 to evaluate
it, what is the result you see?
--
Max
Singapore