Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I delete all colums to the right of a specific column?

In other words, I want to have my spreadsheet end on at certain column..
Right now, I can scroll into infinity.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I delete all colums to the right of a specific column?

Here's how you can delete all columns to the right of a specific column in Microsoft Excel:
  1. First, select the column that you want to be the last column in your spreadsheet. You can do this by clicking on the column letter at the top of the column.
  2. Next, right-click on the selected column and choose "Delete" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Delete" dialog box that appears, select "Entire column" and click "OK". This will delete all columns to the right of the selected column.
  4. Finally, save your spreadsheet to make sure that the changes are saved.

And that's it! Now your spreadsheet should end at the column you selected, and you won't be able to scroll any further to the right. This can be a helpful way to keep your spreadsheet organized and prevent accidental data entry in extra columns.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't go to infinity, as the number of columns has a limit (depending on
which version of Excel you are using).
You can't delete them, but you can hide them.
--
David Biddulph

"ManhattanRebel" wrote in message
In other words, I want to have my spreadsheet end on at certain column..
Right now, I can scroll into infinity.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have excel 2007.. I'd like to hide them then. How do I do that? When I try
to scroll to the right my spreadsheet never ends .. I was up to 3,000
columns and still going.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

You can't go to infinity, as the number of columns has a limit (depending on
which version of Excel you are using).
You can't delete them, but you can hide them.
--
David Biddulph

"ManhattanRebel" wrote in message
In other words, I want to have my spreadsheet end on at certain column..
Right now, I can scroll into infinity.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

depending on how many columns you are actually using.... try freezing
the panes and then you won't see the other columns.

"David Biddulph" wrote:
You can't go to infinity, as the number of columns has a limit (depending on
which version of Excel you are using).
You can't delete them, but you can hide them.
--
David Biddulph

"ManhattanRebel" wrote in message
In other words, I want to have my spreadsheet end on at certain column..
Right now, I can scroll into infinity.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you don't believe me when I tell you that there is a limit, either look
up specification limits in Excel 2007 help, or try to go to column 16,385
(XFE?). [With Excel 2003, the limit was 256 (column IV).]
--

"David Biddulph" wrote:

You can't go to infinity, as the number of columns has a limit (depending
on
which version of Excel you are using).
You can't delete them, but you can hide them.
--
David Biddulph

"ManhattanRebel" wrote in
message
In other words, I want to have my spreadsheet end on at certain
column..
Right now, I can scroll into infinity.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the column to the right of last one you want to see.

SHIFT + End + Right Arrow.

FormatColumnHide.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP