Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default data two colums percentage third column

Hi

If you have data in column A that you wish to express as a percentage of the
value in column B then the formula in C2 should be
=A2/B2*100
or, if C2 had been pre-formatted as Percentage, then
=A2/B2

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"mhassall1" wrote in message
I am having a hard time finding a function to calculate the percentage
using
column A/column B because it keeps returning the answer in column C as
zero.
Is this a setting specific to my computer or am I doing something wrong?

This is exactly what I typed:
=C2/I2

and it returns zero although the answer is obviously not zero but a
decimal....