Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Moving data from row to columns

I am trying to work with a dbase of names/addresses. The dbase is arranged
in a column with name, address, zip running vertically. I want to move the
info to run horizontally each column reading: name, address, state, zip,
etc...

Is there an easy way to build a formula that will move the data as described
above?

Hope so!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Are there *exactly* the same number of fields for each name?

You didn't mention city ... is city combined with the state in the same
cell?

In other words, does each and every entry take up the same, exact number of
rows?

RD

"gauche8715" wrote in message
I am trying to work with a dbase of names/addresses. The dbase is arranged
in a column with name, address, zip running vertically. I want to move
the
info to run horizontally each column reading: name, address, state, zip,
etc...

Is there an easy way to build a formula that will move the data as
described
above?

Hope so!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Lets assume your data runs from A1:A1000 and there are 6 items of info for
each person - First Name, Last Name, Street, City, State, Zip. Enter the
following formula in D1 and copy it to the right to column G, and down as far
as necessary.

=INDEX(A$1:A$1000,6*(ROW(A1)-1)+COLUMN(A1),1)

if there are only 5 entries for each person just change the 6 to 5 in the
above formula.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire