Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Moving data from row to columns

Hi,

Lets assume your data runs from A1:A1000 and there are 6 items of info for
each person - First Name, Last Name, Street, City, State, Zip. Enter the
following formula in D1 and copy it to the right to column G, and down as far
as necessary.

=INDEX(A$1:A$1000,6*(ROW(A1)-1)+COLUMN(A1),1)

if there are only 5 entries for each person just change the 6 to 5 in the
above formula.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"gauche8715" wrote:

I am trying to work with a dbase of names/addresses. The dbase is arranged
in a column with name, address, zip running vertically. I want to move the
info to run horizontally each column reading: name, address, state, zip,
etc...

Is there an easy way to build a formula that will move the data as described
above?

Hope so!!