Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default moving duplicate data in rows to columns with same name

I have a worksheet with 3000 rows - Each row is a unique entry but
every 4 or 5 rows belong to the same person.

Name Test Score
Bob Math 100
Bob English 95
Bob Science 85
Sue Math 54
Sue English 87
Sue Science 100

What's the best way to take the data from someone's row 3 and 2 and
get them into columns for their row 1? The way I'm doing it is clearly
not the fastest!

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Consider using pivot table, I used it on your data, here is how it looked:-

Name English Math Science Grand Total
Bob 95 100 85 280
Sue 87 54 100 241

Regards,

Sherin

"Jennifer B." wrote:

I have a worksheet with 3000 rows - Each row is a unique entry but
every 4 or 5 rows belong to the same person.

Name Test Score
Bob Math 100
Bob English 95
Bob Science 85
Sue Math 54
Sue English 87
Sue Science 100

What's the best way to take the data from someone's row 3 and 2 and
get them into columns for their row 1? The way I'm doing it is clearly
not the fastest!

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Sherin - I need to export the data into a graphics program and
I don't seem to be able to do that with a Pivot table.