Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default budget columns

I need vertical columns automatically subtracting as entries are made with
balance at the bottom, like so:

A is text budget items, B / C / & D are Paycheck amounts. As item amounts
are entered, should auto subtract to balance cell farther down the column.

I've tried all afternoon (actually it's 8:20pm now, so all day) to learn
how to do this, not succeeding. Everything is beyond this & going left to
right.
Those you know, please help. I just want an easy home budget sheet, not a
new career. Thanks so much for any help at all. My last math class was in
1970.
--
household appliances should run themselves

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What version of Excel are you using? There are some downloadable budget
templates at Microsoft.com that might be easier than trying to roll your
own; depending upon what exactly you're trying to do.

You want to SUBTRACT your paycheck amounts from something? What is it
that you want them to subtract from and why?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Jade" wrote in message
:

I need vertical columns automatically subtracting as entries are made with
balance at the bottom, like so:

A is text budget items, B / C / & D are Paycheck amounts. As item amounts
are entered, should auto subtract to balance cell farther down the column.

I've tried all afternoon (actually it's 8:20pm now, so all day) to learn
how to do this, not succeeding. Everything is beyond this & going left to
right.
Those you know, please help. I just want an easy home budget sheet, not a
new career. Thanks so much for any help at all. My last math class was in
1970.
--
household appliances should run themselves

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks so much for responding. Templates I see are too overdone for my
simple purposes and minimal time. I'm wanting formula for this:

Bills Paycheck As each amount is filled
in, column auto
1,000 subtracts from the
paycheck amount, so