Erin

Default Sum YTD Budget

I have a worksheet where columns alternate between budgeted and actual income
by month (e.g. Col A = January Budget, Col B = January Actual, Col C = Feb
Budget...).

I need to add a year to date sum, for both budget and actual, which will
need to fluctuate to accomodate the passage of time (e.g. on March 1 include
Jan & Feb, on April 1 include Jan Feb and March).

Is there a way to make SUMIF work horizontally (like an HLOOKUP)? Then I
could just add a hidden row with the date I want that column included and
make the SUMIF criteria based on the relationship between the TODAY function
and that date. Any other ideas on how to approach this?

Thank you!
Erin
Peo Sjoblom

Have you tried? SUMIF can be used like

=SUMIF(1:1,"x",2:2)

will sum row 2 where 1 is x

Peo Sjoblom

"Erin" wrote in message
I have a worksheet where columns alternate between budgeted and actual

income
by month (e.g. Col A = January Budget, Col B = January Actual, Col C = Feb
Budget...).

I need to add a year to date sum, for both budget and actual, which will
need to fluctuate to accomodate the passage of time (e.g. on March 1

include
Jan & Feb, on April 1 include Jan Feb and March).

Is there a way to make SUMIF work horizontally (like an HLOOKUP)? Then I
could just add a hidden row with the date I want that column included and
make the SUMIF criteria based on the relationship between the TODAY

function
and that date. Any other ideas on how to approach this?

Thank you!
Erin

Erin

OK It turns out my issue is with the criteria, not the ranges.
That's why I got a 0 answer. Sorry for my mixup.

I have placed a date (2/1/2005) in row 1, with data in row 3.

=SUMIF(1:1,"<TODAY()",3:3)

I am getting a 0 result even though 9 columns should meet the criteria.
Note: I have also tried putting the TODAY function in another cell and
referencing it in the SUMIF(1:1,"<AB4",3:3) where TODAY is in cell AB4.

Thanks again for your help!
Erin