Posted to microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Printed 5 documents via Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer - and they are nowhere to be found - and it's freaking me out??????????

I have now printed 5 documents via 'Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer'
(.tiff files) - and they are nowhere to be found on my system (Vista Premium
& Office 2003)- and it's totally freaking me out??????????

I have hidden/system files visible

They are still there each time i print a new document to the same folder
because the old ones are still visible via save as dialogue box

1/ Anyone heard of this strange phenomena?

2/ I feel sure that at work it prints to .dmi files (or something)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Next time you print to the same folder, take note of what that folder is
and then go there in Windows Explorer.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"JethroUKC" wrote in message
:

I have now printed 5 documents via 'Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer'
(.tiff files) - and they are nowhere to be found on my system (Vista Premium
& Office 2003)- and it's totally freaking me out??????????

I have hidden/system files visible

They are still there each time i print a new document to the same folder
because the old ones are still visible via save as dialogue box

1/ Anyone heard of this strange phenomena?

2/ I feel sure that at work it prints to .dmi files (or something)

Posted to microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.word.newusers

When I print to Doc Image Manager, a dialog asked me what folder and name to
use.
I would expect your system to be the same!
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JethroUK©" wrote in message
I have now printed 5 documents via 'Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer'
(.tiff files) - and they are nowhere to be found on my system (Vista
Premium & Office 2003)- and it's totally freaking me out??????????

I have hidden/system files visible

They are still there each time i print a new document to the same folder
because the old ones are still visible via save as dialogue box

1/ Anyone heard of this strange phenomena?

2/ I feel sure that at work it prints to .dmi files (or something)

Posted to microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers

the folder i printed them all to, is 'empty' as far as Windows Vista is
concerned (even a search for '*'

i am starting to suspect Vista (the operating system) - it's not the first
time Vista simply doesn't know what day it is

any ideas on this .dmi file type (i'm sure we use at work)

"JethroUK©" wrote in message
I have now printed 5 documents via 'Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer'
(.tiff files) - and they are nowhere to be found on my system (Vista
Premium & Office 2003)- and it's totally freaking me out??????????

I have hidden/system files visible

They are still there each time i print a new document to the same folder
because the old ones are still visible via save as dialogue box

1/ Anyone heard of this strange phenomena?

2/ I feel sure that at work it prints to .dmi files (or something)

Posted to microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers

even more freaked now

total reboot & Vista still can't see anything

try to print another web page to the same folder and the old documents are
there (i can even rename them)

try to print a notepad document and now even through the dialogue box, the
folder is empty - except for the notepad document!

Vista still sees nothing

this is getting totally spooky

"JethroUK©" wrote in message
I have now printed 5 documents via 'Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer'
(.tiff files) - and they are nowhere to be found on my system (Vista
Premium & Office 2003)- and it's totally freaking me out??????????

I have hidden/system files visible

They are still there each time i print a new document to the same folder
because the old ones are still visible via save as dialogue box

1/ Anyone heard of this strange phenomena?

2/ I feel sure that at work it prints to .dmi files (or something)

Posted to microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers

Here's what Vista sees after creating a 'New Bitmap Image' (actually in the
folder) and printing a .tif image to the folder:

http://cid-95bf003d45959aaa.skydrive...ky/freaky1.jpg

Here's the save as dialogue box when attempting to print a web page (google
home) - even after a cold boot::

http://cid-95bf003d45959aaa.skydrive...ky/freaky2.jpg

Here is the save as dialogue when attempting to print a notepad or MS Word
file:

http://cid-95bf003d45959aaa.skydrive...ky/freaky3.jpg

"JethroUK©" wrote in message
I have now printed 5 documents via 'Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer'
(.tiff files) - and they are nowhere to be found on my system (Vista
Premium & Office 2003)- and it's totally freaking me out??????????

I have hidden/system files visible

They are still there each time i print a new document to the same
folder because the old ones are still visible via save as dialogue box

1/ Anyone heard of this strange phenomena?

2/ I feel sure that at work it prints to .dmi files (or something)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Default Printed 5 documents via Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer - an

According to freaky1.jpg your files are in temp folder in the root directory.
Try putting the files in a folder in your user ("Chirs") directory.