Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Lbaker

Default Can't open documents at home - Microsoft Office 2003

On our pc at home we cannot open any word or excel documents - we have
Microsoft Office 2003. We can see the docs but a box appears over the top of
them asking for info such as "registration name" and a series of 25
letters/number that can be found on the back of the cd drive. However, when
we put that information in there, it tells us it is not correct. We've tried
it over and over again with no success. Can we re-set it? Or is there a
default series of numbers/letters we can use?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
garfield-n-odie

If your home PC came with a trial version of Office 2003
preinstalled on the hard drive by the computer manufacturer, then
you should have uninstalled the trial version before installing
your full version. At this point, uninstall the full version,
uninstall the trial version, and reinstall the full version. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836178 "You receive an
'invalid product key' error message when you start an Office 2003
program after you install Office Professional Edition 2003" for
more information.