Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel Formulas

I am trying to create a formula that averages numbers in a specific cells on
multiple worksheets within the same workbook. Once I set up the template (or
Total page), I would like to be able to copy that page to another workbook
and have it function in the same way. However, I am unable to get the
formulas to copy from one workbook to another without the reference to the
original workbook. I am sure that there is a simple way of creating the
initial formula that would allow me to copy that worksheet from one workbook
to another, but keep the reference only to the workbook that is current.

This is taking hours to try to correct and figure out. Help is appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Two ways.

save the original first
Change all formula's to text by adding the ' at the front and change them
back to formula's in the new book.

Or
after copying and moving the sheet use Edit Replace to remove the
workbook name (replace with "").

--
Greetings from New Zealand

"designci" wrote in message
I am trying to create a formula that averages numbers in a specific cells
on
multiple worksheets within the same workbook. Once I set up the template
(or
Total page), I would like to be able to copy that page to another workbook
and have it function in the same way. However, I am unable to get the
formulas to copy from one workbook to another without the reference to the
original workbook. I am sure that there is a simple way of creating the
initial formula that would allow me to copy that worksheet from one
workbook
to another, but keep the reference only to the workbook that is current.

This is taking hours to try to correct and figure out. Help is
appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I do this...

Select the worksheet to copy
Select all the cells on the worksheet and convert all the formulas to text.
I use:
Edit|replace
what: =
with: $$$$$=
replace all

Then I can copy the worksheet to the new location and reverse my actions (in
both the original and copied worksheet).

Edit|Replace
what: $$$$$=
with: =
replace all

designci wrote:

I am trying to create a formula that averages numbers in a specific cells on
multiple worksheets within the same workbook. Once I set up the template (or
Total page), I would like to be able to copy that page to another workbook
and have it function in the same way. However, I am unable to get the
formulas to copy from one workbook to another without the reference to the
original workbook. I am sure that there is a simple way of creating the
initial formula that would allow me to copy that worksheet from one workbook
to another, but keep the reference only to the workbook that is current.

This is taking hours to try to correct and figure out. Help is appreciated!

--

Dave Peterson