Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default CELLS NOT CALC FORMULAS - VALUES STAY SME FORMULAS CORRECT?? HELP

Multiple wkshts same problem- formulas in cells are correct but the value
doesn't chg. I have to go to the formula line and click on it and then on
the ck mark to recalculate the formula. If I copy formulas across to
multiple cells the correct formula copies across but the value of the cell
copied appears in the cell. Is there something I need to disable/enable in
EXCEL? Help!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sound like you need to use"
Tools | Options; open Calculation tab; set Automatic ON
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Sherberg" wrote in message
Multiple wkshts same problem- formulas in cells are correct but the value
doesn't chg. I have to go to the formula line and click on it and then on
the ck mark to recalculate the formula. If I copy formulas across to
multiple cells the correct formula copies across but the value of the cell
copied appears in the cell. Is there something I need to disable/enable
in
EXCEL? Help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are very welcome.
But please turn down the volume - caps in email is considered to be
shouting.
all the best
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Sherberg" wrote in message
Multiple wkshts same problem- formulas in cells are correct but the
value
doesn't chg. I have to go to the formula line and click on it and then
on
the ck mark to recalculate the formula. If I copy formulas across to
multiple cells the correct formula copies across but the value of the
cell
copied appears in the cell. Is there something I need to
disable/enable
in
EXCEL? Help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Sherberg" wrote in message
Multiple wkshts same problem- formulas in cells are correct but the value
doesn't chg. I have to go to the formula line and click on it and then on
the ck mark to recalculate the formula. If I copy formulas across to
multiple cells the correct formula copies across but the value of the cell
copied appears in the cell. Is there something I need to disable/enable
in
EXCEL? Help!!!

Thanks! I was searching for the same answer Sherberg. Someone at my office had been using a spreadsheet I created and she somehow got into that option and set it for manual calc and didn't know what she had done. Thanks again - most helpful!