Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Headers (or freezing rows)

I have read the "help" section several times but am still not able to find
out how I can freeze several opening lines at the top of a document as a
header. I am sorry if I am slow at understanding but the method is not
obvious to me. Can someone help me out here?.

Thank You
Gene L.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The rule for Freezing is................

Everything above and left of your selected cell will be Frozen when you Freeze
Panes.

i.e. to freeze 3 rows and one column, select B4 then WindowFreeze Panes.

If you are talking about freezing rows to print on each page of a multipage
sheet, that is found under FilePage SetupSheetRows to Repeat at Top.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 18:13:16 -0400, "Gene L." wrote:

I have read the "help" section several times but am still not able to find
out how I can freeze several opening lines at the top of a document as a
header. I am sorry if I am slow at understanding but the method is not
obvious to me. Can someone help me out here?.

Thank You
Gene L.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you for the answer but I am no closer to a solution than I was when I
sent it.
Perhaps I should have mentioned that I am using Excel 2007 but I see none of
the commands or selections that you mention on the ribbon I am looking at.
Nothing about "windows" or Freezing Panes". are we on the same page?
I do not mean to be impolite, but this kind of thing is frustrating.
Thank you
Gene L

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You are not impolite.

We are just talking about different version of Excel with the commands in a
different place.

I don't use 2007 but see Ron de Bruin's site to have a look at where all the
2007 commands are located.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm

Freeze Panes is in the same place as it always has been, just harder to find.

Gord