Ourania

Default Freezing? Rows

I have a question pertaining to Excel. I keep track of patients in excel
sheet.. I add about 10 patients a week into this sheet. Then I sort it by
patients name, so the sheet appears alphabetically. I know this is not the
best way to keep the data... and I am afraid that by some mistake rows might
get shifter and information for each patient will be shifted as well. Is
there any way to prevent this kind of disaster from happening? Somehow
"freezing" the information for each row for all the columns, so that
individual patient's info cannot be shifted so easily?

Any suggestions?

Otto Moehrbach

What do you mean by shifted? Do you mean the patient's data may not follow
the patient's name? If you select all the data first (all the rows and all
the columns), then sort, you are assured that all the data for each patient
will stay with that patient. HTH Otto