Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How can I add a column of names for example

I have A2 = adrienne, A3 = Joe how do I do the formuala to make their names
= 2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This formula counts the number of non-blank cells in A2:A5
=COUNTA(A2:A5)

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"christina" wrote in message
I have A2 = adrienne, A3 = Joe how do I do the formuala to make their
names
= 2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you see the formula, instead of the results
....it sounds like you have Formula Display turned on.

In Excel 2003, you can toggle the setting on/off
by using Ctrl+~ .....that's: Hold down CTRL and press the ~ key

See if that works in XL2007.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"christina" wrote in message
I have A2 = adrienne, A3 = Joe how do I do the formuala to make their
names
= 2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You're welcome, Christina.....I'm glad I could help.

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)