Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default How can I add a column of names for example

If you see the formula, instead of the results
....it sounds like you have Formula Display turned on.

In Excel 2003, you can toggle the setting on/off
by using Ctrl+~ .....that's: Hold down CTRL and press the ~ key

See if that works in XL2007.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"christina" wrote in message
That didn't work it hasn't worked for 48 hours now

This is what shows as my formula in the total field, I'm using excel 2007

=COUNTA(A154:A157)

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

This formula counts the number of non-blank cells in A2:A5
=COUNTA(A2:A5)

Does that help?

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"christina" wrote in message
I have A2 = adrienne, A3 = Joe how do I do the formuala to make their
names
= 2