Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Replacing A,B,C column names to other names

I want to rename the columns instead of the A, B, C that is provided because
if I don't and I want to make a numbered list of something, the list will
always be off by 1 because the 1 spot it taken up by the column name.

Is there anyway to remove the A, B, C and put in my own column names?

Thank you.

Lisa H.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

no
but you can make your numbered list be in column A with Row()-1

"Lisa H" wrote:

I want to rename the columns instead of the A, B, C that is provided because
if I don't and I want to make a numbered list of something, the list will
always be off by 1 because the 1 spot it taken up by the column name.

Is there anyway to remove the A, B, C and put in my own column names?

Thank you.

Lisa H.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't. It's impossible to start with row 0 or something like that.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Lisa H" wrote:

I want to rename the columns instead of the A, B, C that is provided because
if I don't and I want to make a numbered list of something, the list will
always be off by 1 because the 1 spot it taken up by the column name.

Is there anyway to remove the A, B, C and put in my own column names?

Thank you.

Lisa H.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can remove (not show) row & column headers (it's both or nothing) but the
first (top left) cell is still A1 so I don't understand your statement that
"the list will be off by 1" ..from where?

Tools=Options=View ... uncheck 'Row & Column Headers'