Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pnw Pnw is offline

Default The way numbers are displayed

I have a price sheet that displays prices like this 6.26248371689101 need to
change them to display $6.26 have tried currency, accounting, everything.
Please help
Thanks for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It looks like your "numbers" are in fact text.
With the "number" in A1, put this formula in another cell:

=VALUE(A1)

You can format that cell the way you like

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Pnw" wrote in message ...
|I have a price sheet that displays prices like this 6.26248371689101 need to
| change them to display $6.26 have tried currency, accounting, everything.
| Please help
| Thanks for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pnw Pnw is offline

Thank you so much. How do I continue this though out an entire column?

"Pnw" wrote in message ...
|I have a price sheet that displays prices like this 6.26248371689101 need to
| change them to display $6.26 have tried currency, accounting, everything.
| Please help
| Thanks for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Format all "numbers" to General.

Copy an empty cell.

Select the range of "numbers" and EditPaste SpecialAddOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP