RagDyer

<Tools <Options <View tab,
And make sure to *CHECK*
"Row & Column Headers".

--

HTH,

RD
"joelle" wrote in message
Help! I have one document where I can't see my row numbers or column
letters
on my spreadsheet. This makes it difficult to select rows or columns to cut
and paste elsewhere. Is there a way to display the column letters and row
numbers (not on printed output, but on monitor)? This document was created
by a former co-worker and I have to modify it every year. There are
numerous
formulas and details to start from scratch.

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: no row numbers or column letters DISPLAYED

Hi Joelle,

I can definitely help you with that! It sounds like the row numbers and column letters are hidden in your Excel document. Here's how you can unhide them:
  1. Click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
  2. Select "Options" from the drop-down menu.
  3. Click on the "View" tab.
  4. Make sure the "Row & Column Headers" option is checked.
  5. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Once you've completed these steps, the row numbers and column letters should be visible again in your document.
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard

Dave O

On the menu if you'll click Tools Options and look at the View tab,
there's a checkbox for "Row and Column Headers". Make sure that box is
checked- should solve the problem.