Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Please post this thread a correct full method, method about

Nast Runsome

Customer Service
Microsoft Corporation

text-hovering in Microsoft Office Excel 2003.

Dear, Customer Service:

Please post this thread a correct full method, method about text-hovering in
Microsoft Office Excel 2003.

Drawing of .xls sheet in the Excel:
----------------------------------
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | I | J |
K | L | M | N
| | This is | | These are drawing of the .xls sheet in the
Excel and and

Above C column's
all texts (C All Texts): This is example of the text-hovering
hiding unhovering texts (Hiding Texts): example of the text-hovering

Above E column's all texts (E All Texts):
These are drawing of the .xls sheet in the Excel and and

Full description about the hovering:
The E All Texts is hovering, but the Hiding Texts is hiding and isn't
hovering.

Full reason of the
asking:
I want to hover the All C Texts, and to keep above horizontal length of the
C column.

wanting:
If I don't do the keeping, Into one page, my printer prints A-O (A through
O) columns of the sheet only and doesn't print P-V (P through V) columns of
the sheet regardless I minimum-decrease print-scaling of all texts of A-V (A
through V) columns of the sheet.
But I want the printer to one-page print the All C Texts.

Methods that have failed the hovering of the All C Texts fully:
Beyond the C column's right edge (C Right Edge), Overtyping, of the All C
Texts, to the C column.
Deleting of the All C Texts, then beyond the C Right Edge, Retyping, of the
All C Texts, to the C column.
Double-clicking of the C Right Edge, auto-fitting of the C column, then
Dragging, of the C Right Edge, to left of the C Right Edge.

For everything for the posting, I appreciate you very much.

Sincerely,

Nast Runsome
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

No point in re-posting this.

The first posting was, IMO, unintelligible and requires much editing to reach a
clear description of the problem.

I realize English cannot be your first language.

To start with, what do you mean by "text-hovering"?

Also what are "drawings of the .xls sheet"?

I think you are trying to get help for a printing problem but not sure.

Maybe "rows to repeat at top" or something similar like WindowFreeze Panes?

Give it another try after an extensive re-write.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:53:01 -0800, Nast Runsome
wrote:

Nast Runsome

Customer Service
Microsoft Corporation

text-hovering in Microsoft Office Excel 2003.

Dear, Customer Service:

Please post this thread a correct full method, method about text-hovering in
Microsoft Office Excel 2003.

Drawing of .xls sheet in the Excel:
----------------------------------
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | I | J |
K | L | M | N
| | This is | | These are drawing of the .xls sheet in the
Excel and and

Above C column's
all texts (C All Texts): This is example of the text-hovering
hiding unhovering texts (Hiding Texts): example of the text-hovering

Above E column's all texts (E All Texts):
These are drawing of the .xls sheet in the Excel and and

Full description about the hovering:
The E All Texts is hovering, but the Hiding Texts is hiding and isn't
hovering.

Full reason of the
asking:
I want to hover the All C Texts, and to keep above horizontal length of the
C column.

wanting:
If I don't do the keeping, Into one page, my printer prints A-O (A through
O) columns of the sheet only and doesn't print P-V (P through V) columns of
the sheet regardless I minimum-decrease print-scaling of all texts of A-V (A
through V) columns of the sheet.
But I want the printer to one-page print the All C Texts.

Methods that have failed the hovering of the All C Texts fully:
Beyond the C column's right edge (C Right Edge), Overtyping, of the All C
Texts, to the C column.
Deleting of the All C Texts, then beyond the C Right Edge, Retyping, of the
All C Texts, to the C column.
Double-clicking of the C Right Edge, auto-fitting of the C column, then
Dragging, of the C Right Edge, to left of the C Right Edge.

For everything for the posting, I appreciate you very much.

Sincerely,

Nast Runsome

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:53:01 -0800 from Nast Runsome
:
Nast Runsome

Customer Service
Microsoft Corporation

text-hovering in Microsoft Office Excel 2003.

In addition to what Gord said, remember that this is *not* Microsoft
customer service; it is users wo try to help each other.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top posting such a bad thing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Nast,
Tool Tips as they are called in HTML for a link or image Title=
in Excel are called Screen Tips

Add a hyperlink to a cell and a screen tip via Ctrl+K or right-click then insert/edit hyperlink
Instructions:
type D7 in Cell D7, then use Ctrl+K
text to display you will see D7 change to D7 cell just for heck of it
upper right corner "Screen Tip" button, type "Yaba Daba Doo, go to cell A1"
on the left choose place in this document
Type in the cell reference: type in A1

Excel also has Cell Comments, you can add on to a cell by
right click on a cell then "insert comment"
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm

This is a newsgroup, and we are just users such as yourself.
--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel

"Nast Runsome" wrote in message ...
Nast Runsome

Customer Service
Microsoft Corporation

text-hovering in Microsoft Office Excel 2003.

Dear, Customer Service:

Please post this thread a correct full method, method about text-hovering in
Microsoft Office Excel 2003.

Drawing of .xls sheet in the Excel:
----------------------------------
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | I | J |
K | L | M | N
| | This is | | These are drawing of the .xls sheet in the
Excel and and

Above C column's
all texts (C All Texts): This is example of the text-hovering
hiding unhovering texts (Hiding Texts): example of the text-hovering

Above E column's all texts (E All Texts):
These are drawing of the .xls sheet in the Excel and and

Full description about the hovering:
The E All Texts is hovering, but the Hiding Texts is hiding and isn't
hovering.

Full reason of the
asking:
I want to hover the All C Texts, and to keep above horizontal length of the
C column.

wanting:
If I don't do the keeping, Into one page, my printer prints A-O (A through
O) columns of the sheet only and doesn't print P-V (P through V) columns of
the sheet regardless I minimum-decrease print-scaling of all texts of A-V (A
through V) columns of the sheet.
But I want the printer to one-page print the All C Texts.

Methods that have failed the hovering of the All C Texts fully:
Beyond the C column's right edge (C Right Edge), Overtyping, of the All C
Texts, to the C column.
Deleting of the All C Texts, then beyond the C Right Edge, Retyping, of the
All C Texts, to the C column.
Double-clicking of the C Right Edge, auto-fitting of the C column, then
Dragging, of the C Right Edge, to left of the C Right Edge.

For everything for the posting, I appreciate you very much.

Sincerely,

Nast Runsome

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

David

Text-hoverers are "Tool Tips" <g

Thanks for clearing that up.

Gord

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:31:47 -0500, "David McRitchie"
wrote:

Hi Nast,
Tool Tips as they are called in HTML for a link or image Title=
in Excel are called Screen Tips

Add a hyperlink to a cell and a screen tip via Ctrl+K or right-click then insert/edit hyperlink
Instructions:
type D7 in Cell D7, then use Ctrl+K
text to display you will see D7 change to D7 cell just for heck of it
upper right corner "Screen Tip" button, type "Yaba Daba Doo, go to cell A1"
on the left choose place in this document
Type in the cell reference: type in A1

Excel also has Cell Comments, you can add on to a cell by
right click on a cell then "insert comment"
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm

This is a newsgroup, and we are just users such as yourself.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Gord Dibben" \
Text-hoverers are "Tool Tips" <g

Thanks for clearing that up.

or Screen Tips in Excel. But that's just my guess
I can't read exact meaning into the entire post as
nothing happens when I hover over a column label,
which more like what I read.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This microsoft.com disarranged the Drawing.
Please see picture of the .xls sheet and understand the "hovering".
URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the pictu
http://icrontic.com/forum/attachment...4&d=1203776781

All texts, below "DEFINITION" cell, in E column in the picture is hovering,
but all texts, below "TITLE" cell, in C column in the picture is not hovering.

If the "hovering" is misnomer for the "hovering" function, To you, I
apologize about the misnomer.

Reason of writing of the "hovering": I haven't known mot juste, mot juste
for the function.

For everything for the posting, I appreciate you very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I found the method 10 minutes ago.

Procedure of the hovering:
1. Merge the sheet's 2 cells that borders horizontally.
2. Unmerge the 2 cells.

For everything for the posting, I appreciate you very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Nast,
Now that you have your own solution could you post picture urls
showing results of what you were looking for. I have no idea what
you change by hovering over anything, nor what two cells
would be merged/unmerged to me it looks like you would
merge E:P of definitions, though that is more than one can
see at one time.

In your example column C does not continue into Column D for titles
because you have something in Column D, such as space character or a formula.

David