Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Which method to use

You can add a control to a Workbook/ Worksheet by either the Forms Toolbar or
the Control Toolbox. My question is which simply which method is used.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The Forms toolbar is the easiest as it's all within Excel. The Control
Toolbox is I believe more suited to creating Web Pages etc.
Regards,
Alan.
"Arran" wrote in message
You can add a control to a Workbook/ Worksheet by either the Forms Toolbar
or
the Control Toolbox. My question is which simply which method is used.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

As a rule, I don't use either.........I just create a drawing object, or use
a .jpg and just assign my macros to them..........if I had to choose tho, I
would use the Control Toolbox.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Arran" wrote:

You can add a control to a Workbook/ Worksheet by either the Forms Toolbar or
the Control Toolbox. My question is which simply which method is used.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The forms toolbar is simplest, and is probably best integrated into Excel.

The control toolbox is harder to work with, but offers more flexibility
(such as background colour of controls).

Use the one you are comfortable with. Personally, I don't like controls on a
worksheet, I prefer trapping events, or adding toolbar buttons.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Arran" wrote in message
You can add a control to a Workbook/ Worksheet by either the Forms Toolbar
or
the Control Toolbox. My question is which simply which method is used.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I am not familiar with either but I have noticed one difference between the two.

When I right-click on the shape/box/control (e.g. combo box) and click format control, the number of tabs are different.

Forms = 5 --- size, protection, property, web, control
Control Toolbox = 4 --- size, protection, property, web

No clue why.

Epinn

"Arran" wrote in message
You can add a control to a Workbook/ Worksheet by either the Forms Toolbar
or
the Control Toolbox. My question is which simply which method is used.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

That is because the forms toolbar controls are more worksheet integrated as
I mentioned, everything (VBA aside) is done from within the worksheet within
Excel.

Controls toolbox are not so integrated, and most things are done from within
the object properties. The right-click options are just those needed to
'connect' the control with the worksheet.

--
---
HTH

Bob