Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Word excel questions

Hi, I have 3 windows Xp home edition sp2 pc's. Unfortunetly, none of them
came with Microsoft Word. The pc's did come with Word perfect 10 by Corel.

My teen has to be away from school for several days. In her computer class,
they use word and will be doing some Excel things. She will do some make ups
at home. Is it possible to get Word w/excell for free? Or maybe a trial
version for free until she is able to return to school?

I told the teacher all this and mentioned that there may be a trial version
online. Any tips would be great. thanks in advance

--
Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Go to www.microsoft.com and hunt
Some weeks ago there was an offer to students (a very low cost for all of
Office 2007)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Marcy" <RM@RMcom wrote in message
Hi, I have 3 windows Xp home edition sp2 pc's. Unfortunetly, none of them
came with Microsoft Word. The pc's did come with Word perfect 10 by
Corel.

My teen has to be away from school for several days. In her computer
class, they use word and will be doing some Excel things. She will do some
make ups at home. Is it possible to get Word w/excell for free? Or maybe a
trial version for free until she is able to return to school?

I told the teacher all this and mentioned that there may be a trial
version online. Any tips would be great. thanks in advance

--
Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Maybe a free spreadsheet program would work:
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

or...

Google Docs offers a free online spreadsheet program (and a word processing
program and a presentation program, too) that may work for you:
http://docs.google.com

If you have a valid email address (college/university), you can get office 2007
pretty cheaply (60USD):
http://www.theultimatesteal.com/home.asp

This describes what's in it:
http://www.microsoft.com/education/ultimatesteal.mspx

IIRC, this offer expires April 30, 2008.

Marcy wrote:

Hi, I have 3 windows Xp home edition sp2 pc's. Unfortunetly, none of them
came with Microsoft Word. The pc's did come with Word perfect 10 by Corel.

My teen has to be away from school for several days. In her computer class,
they use word and will be doing some Excel things. She will do some make ups
at home. Is it possible to get Word w/excell for free? Or maybe a trial
version for free until she is able to return to school?

I told the teacher all this and mentioned that there may be a trial version
online. Any tips would be great. thanks in advance

--
Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I am not sure if you are based in the UK:

http://www.nextag.co.uk/microsoft-of...0--search-html

Details of Student Versions, the only problem with these is that they are
often the latest version and hardly any schools will have the 2007 version,
else try ebay.