yendor28

Default 2 questions: Using solver in Macro AND converting to Word document to print A3

Hi,

Thank you for your wonderful forums and help.

Please help me with my two questions below. I tried searching but did
not find anything on point.

QUESTION 1
Does anyone of you clever ones know how I can include solver in a
macro??? What box do I untick???? Right now, Macro doesn’t recognise
solver as a function, even though I desperately need this

QUESTION 2

I have an excel table which is A3 size in excel and prints to one page.
However, I need to put this into a word file. How can I make sure that
it still remains one A3 page in the word file please?

thank you!

--
yendor28
yendor28's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28697

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
yendor28

can anyone help please?

--
yendor28
yendor28's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28697
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483809

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dav

1) Initial thoughts are that Solver could be referenced by a keystroke
macro. If any of the parameters need to be set before hand they could
be taken from specific cells on the worksheet, that are predefined by a
normal macro. At least the keystroke macro would be a starting point to
the final solution

2) Could the paper size be set to custom in Word at 297mm x 410 mm
adjusting the margins to the same size they are in excel?

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dana DeLouis

Does anyone of you clever ones know how I can include solver in a macro???
What box do I untick???? Right now, Macro doesn't recognise solver as a
function, even though I desperately need this

Hi. Make sure Solver is loaded from the worksheet menu. (Tools | Add Ins |
Select Solver). Now, in the vba editor, go to the menu item Tools |
Reference.. | and select Solver.
HTH :)
--
Dana DeLouis