Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Writing Search Macros

I have tried to submit questions before, and did get much help. I am going to
try this another way.

I am a supervise approx 15 to 20 techs, and on a daily basis I get data
emailed to me on a excel spreadsheet. This spreadsheet contains data for the
whole department ( 150 + techs). I want to design a macro that will only
search for my list of agents along with there stats, and place it on another
worksheet. Is this possible if so how. I am not familar with VB scripts or
macros. Any sites or tutorials will be helpful.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

ok , I am looking through the coding for the FINDNEXT. it states dim
varbookmark as variant. Does this mean the end of the row of data for a
specifice name?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Look in the vba help index for FINDNEXT. There is a good example.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"gwtechie72" wrote in message
I have tried to submit questions before, and did get much help. I am going
try this another way.

I am a supervise approx 15 to 20 techs, and on a daily basis I get data
emailed to me on a excel spreadsheet. This spreadsheet contains data for
the
whole department ( 150 + techs). I want to design a macro that will only
search for my list of agents along with there stats, and place it on
another
worksheet. Is this possible if so how. I am not familar with VB scripts or
macros. Any sites or tutorials will be helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

ok , I am looking through the coding for the FINDNEXT. it states dim
varbookmark as variant. Does this mean the end of the row of data for a
specifice name? Also are there any sites that can help me understand the terms of the coding?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Look in the vba help index for FINDNEXT. There is a good example.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"gwtechie72" wrote in message
I have tried to submit questions before, and did get much help. I am going
try this another way.

I am a supervise approx 15 to 20 techs, and on a daily basis I get data
emailed to me on a excel spreadsheet. This spreadsheet contains data for
the
whole department ( 150 + techs). I want to design a macro that will only
search for my list of agents along with there stats, and place it on
another
worksheet. Is this possible if so how. I am not familar with VB scripts or
macros. Any sites or tutorials will be helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi
If you have something common in your data, eg, office name, office no,
district, etc.
A macro will work OK, but its a bit hard to do without more information.
Another option, if you're not handy with VBA, is to do a sort of the data,
by say, one of the above criteria and then simply copy and paste to a new
sheet.
You can record a sort macro, which would speed things up a little.

HTH
Michael M

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Look in the vba help index for FINDNEXT. There is a good example.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"gwtechie72" wrote in message
I have tried to submit questions before, and did get much help. I am going
try this another way.

I am a supervise approx 15 to 20 techs, and on a daily basis I get data
emailed to me on a excel spreadsheet. This spreadsheet contains data for
the
whole department ( 150 + techs). I want to design a macro that will only
search for my list of agents along with there stats, and place it on
another
worksheet. Is this possible if so how. I am not familar with VB scripts or
macros. Any sites or tutorials will be helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In regards to your response sorting out takes way to much time. I am not
familar with the use of macros. I beleive I got the VB macro set, but I am
having problems due to security. How can I disable the security to run it, or
allow it to run without the security. I know it mentioned something about
digital signature.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Look in the vba help index for FINDNEXT. There is a good example.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"gwtechie72" wrote in message
I have tried to submit questions before, and did get much help. I am going
try this another way.

I am a supervise approx 15 to 20 techs, and on a daily basis I get data
emailed to me on a excel spreadsheet. This spreadsheet contains data for
the
whole department ( 150 + techs). I want to design a macro that will only
search for my list of agents along with there stats, and place it on
another
worksheet. Is this possible if so how. I am not familar with VB scripts or
macros. Any sites or tutorials will be helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Perhaps a simple INDEX/MATCH would serve your intents just as well?

Assuming source data is in a sheet: x, in cols A to C, data from row2 down
where col A = staff ids, cols B to C contain other data

In another sheet,
You have your staff ids list in A2 down

Place in B2:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH($A2,x!$A:$A,0)),"",INDEX(x!B:B,MATC H($A2,x!$A:$A,0)))
Copy B2 to C2, fill down as far as required. Cols B to C will return the
data corresponding to your staff ids from the source sheet x's cols B and C.
Adapt / extend to suit.
--
Max
Singapore