Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Combo box

Hello All

I am using excel 2000. I am creating a simple data-input sheet, where the
user will be entering name, addresses, etc etc. - with each field in its own
column. I would like a column for "Job Title" where the user must choose
from a pre-determined value - e.g. Receptionist, Secretary, Manager, etc
etc.

I have tried creating a combobox from the Control Toolbox, but can't seem to
work out how to get the data value options (Receptionist, Secretary,
Manager, etc ) in, and also how to get the combobox to fill the cell (so
that it looks like it IS the cell).

Also, am I going to have to create seperate comboboxes for each row in the
Job Title column? That doesn't seem right - after all I do not know how many
rows the user will complete.

I'm sure there must be a simple way of doing this, but I cannot seem to get
it.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks
Les

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Bob

Thanks a million - as you say that is much simpler!

Thanks again
Les

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Use data validation, it is simpler. See

HTH

Bob

addy)

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sorry Bob - I'm Les, my 14 year old son is Jack, and he had set up the
newsgroup account. Now so have I!
Thanks
Les (!)
BTW - did you see my further post about validating times?