Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jack Isaacs Jack Isaacs is offline

Default Combo box

Hello All

I am using excel 2000. I am creating a simple data-input sheet, where the
user will be entering name, addresses, etc etc. - with each field in its own
column. I would like a column for "Job Title" where the user must choose
from a pre-determined value - e.g. Receptionist, Secretary, Manager, etc
etc.

I have tried creating a combobox from the Control Toolbox, but can't seem to
work out how to get the data value options (Receptionist, Secretary,
Manager, etc ) in, and also how to get the combobox to fill the cell (so
that it looks like it IS the cell).

Also, am I going to have to create seperate comboboxes for each row in the
Job Title column? That doesn't seem right - after all I do not know how many
rows the user will complete.

I'm sure there must be a simple way of doing this, but I cannot seem to get
it.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks
Les