Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Combo box

BTW, how come Jack Isaacs signs himself as Les. Are you trying to confuse us
poor oldies?

"Jack Isaacs" wrote in message
Bob

Thanks a million - as you say that is much simpler!

Thanks again
Les

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Use data validation, it is simpler. See

HTH

Bob

addy)

"Jack Isaacs" wrote in message
Hello All

I am using excel 2000. I am creating a simple data-input sheet, where
the user will be entering name, addresses, etc etc. - with each field in
its own column. I would like a column for "Job Title" where the user
must choose from a pre-determined value - e.g. Receptionist, Secretary,
Manager, etc etc.

I have tried creating a combobox from the Control Toolbox, but can't
seem to work out how to get the data value options (Receptionist,
Secretary, Manager, etc ) in, and also how to get the combobox to fill
the cell (so that it looks like it IS the cell).

Also, am I going to have to create seperate comboboxes for each row in
the Job Title column? That doesn't seem right - after all I do not know
how many rows the user will complete.

I'm sure there must be a simple way of doing this, but I cannot seem to
get it.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks
Les