Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default read only and write only

l would like to protect my work from other user not all but for the certain
column.for example ; column A 1,A2 ,A3 ,B1 B2,B3 ,C1,C2.C3 and D1.D2 D3 are
for write only.{ Column A23, A24,A25 ,B23,B24,B25 ,C23.C24,C25 and
D23,D24,D25 ,all the data here are copy from above like A23 is data from Al ,
so is it any way that the other user can,t change any data here}
thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select the cells you want your users to be able to alter (CTRL + Clck if they
are not adjacent) and then:-

Format|cells|protection and remove the locked checkmark.

then

Tools|Protection|protect sheet.

User are now prevented from changing all cells except the ones you unlocked.

Mike

"zilah" wrote:

l would like to protect my work from other user not all but for the certain
column.for example ; column A 1,A2 ,A3 ,B1 B2,B3 ,C1,C2.C3 and D1.D2 D3 are
for write only.{ Column A23, A24,A25 ,B23,B24,B25 ,C23.C24,C25 and
D23,D24,D25 ,all the data here are copy from above like A23 is data from Al ,
so is it any way that the other user can,t change any data here}
thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

By default, all cells are protected when sheet protection is enabled.

Hit CTRL + a(twice in 2003) to select all cells.

FormatCellsProtection. Uncheck "locked" and OK out.

Select the cells you want protected and FormatCellsProtection

Check "locked".

ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet. Note the options when protecting.

Supply a password and OK.

Excel's internal security is weak but this will prevent overwriting by accident.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP