Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim in Apopka

Default How can a file be converted from Read-Only to Read/Write

I don't know what happened. A Read/Write file in EXCEL 2003 somehow became a
Read-Only file. Now, I can neither write to the file and save it, nor rename
the file.

I've tried to use the properties / preferences modes for recovering the
file, but an error message continues that I cannot save the updated file.

Is there a way to revert it back to a R/W file?

Thank you, in advance, for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim in Apopka

Each time I opened the file I tried to save it under another filename, but
the message message said that it could not be saved because it was a
Read-Only file. I could neither make data changes nor filename changes or
file type changes.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

So what happens if you open the file, save as and use another name?

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)