Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Default How can a file be converted from Read-Only to Read/Write

So what happens if you open the file, save as and use another name?

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Jim in Apopka" <Jim in wrote in message
I don't know what happened. A Read/Write file in EXCEL 2003 somehow became
Read-Only file. Now, I can neither write to the file and save it, nor
rename
the file.

I've tried to use the properties / preferences modes for recovering the
file, but an error message continues that I cannot save the updated file.

Is there a way to revert it back to a R/W file?

Thank you, in advance, for any help.