Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
drama queen

Default I have a read only xl file, I need it to be read and write

this is a file that is changed at least weekly, I feel the answer is "easy"
but not for me--any help?? JEFF
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Kuunders

Go to file.... save as....
give it a new name and voila..!

greetings from New Zealand

"drama queen" <drama wrote in message
this is a file that is changed at least weekly, I feel the answer is
"easy"
but not for me--any help?? JEFF

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
drama queen

I thought it would be this easy, but I cannot get the file name to show in
full.. It goes .... before completing the entire name----still sad, but
thanks for the first round attempt!! DQ

"drama queen" wrote:

this is a file that is changed at least weekly, I feel the answer is "easy"
but not for me--any help?? JEFF

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Try FileSave AsToolsGeneral Options.

Uncheck the read only recommended and save with same name.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP