-   -   I have a read only xl file, I need it to be read and write (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/97104-i-have-read-only-xl-file-i-need-read-write.html)

drama queen

I have a read only xl file, I need it to be read and write

this is a file that is changed at least weekly, I feel the answer is "easy"
but not for me--any help?? JEFF

Bill Kuunders

I have a read only xl file, I need it to be read and write

Go to file.... save as....
give it a new name and voila..!

greetings from New Zealand

"drama queen" <drama wrote in message
this is a file that is changed at least weekly, I feel the answer is
"easy"
but not for me--any help?? JEFF

drama queen

I have a read only xl file, I need it to be read and write

I thought it would be this easy, but I cannot get the file name to show in
full.. It goes .... before completing the entire name----still sad, but
thanks for the first round attempt!! DQ

"drama queen" wrote:

this is a file that is changed at least weekly, I feel the answer is "easy"
but not for me--any help?? JEFF

Gord Dibben

I have a read only xl file, I need it to be read and write

Try FileSave AsToolsGeneral Options.

Uncheck the read only recommended and save with same name.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP