Saul Margolis

Default Make excel open file without Read Only dialog

I've got an app which is written in VBA. The app is password
protected against modifications, so when users open it, Excel comes up
with message 'm-portal is reserved by Saul Margolis. Enter password
for write access, or open read only.' Some of the users have been
entering their application passwords in this box.

I was wondering whether there is a way to tell Excel to open read only
without bringing up that dialog box - perhaps a parameter to
excel.exe?

Thanks in advance,
Saul
Dave Peterson

I always used windows explorer to make the files readonly.

Then excel wouldn't even bother asking how to open it.

Maybe it'll work for you, too.

--

Dave Peterson

Nice one!!! That worked 100%. Thanks.