Panta

Default excel file hangs when you open it.

when a user is logged in and opens an excel file from his C drive, the file
hangs and does not open.

when I log is as a user with admin rights and open the same file, it opens
without a problem.

could this be a profile issue?
Nick Hodge

Panta

Search for a file called *.xlb. It may be hidden so take that option. It
will sit somewhere in the users profile and is the Excel toolbar
customisation file. Move it from it's location and try starting Excel. If
it is ok you can delete the old file as Excel will have created a new one
although any toolbar customisations the user has made will be lost

--
HTH
Nick Hodge