Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel 2007 painfully slow to open files

Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am
finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) files by
double clicking either the file or a shortcut. If I have Excel open and go
through the ribbon menu to open the file from within Excel it opens
immediately - it is only slow when opening a file via shortcut or double
clicking the file with Excel closed.

Is there a fix for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Wowbagger wrote:
Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am
finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) files by
double clicking either the file or a shortcut. If I have Excel open and go
through the ribbon menu to open the file from within Excel it opens
immediately - it is only slow when opening a file via shortcut or double
clicking the file with Excel closed.

Is there a fix for this?

I have the same problem. I've found if I click the Office button while
waiting for the file to open it will open almost immediately. I'd be
interested to know if that works for you also.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I have the same problem. I've found if I click the Office button while
waiting for the file to open it will open almost immediately. I'd be
interested to know if that works for you also.

It did not help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Wowbagger wrote:
I have the same problem. I've found if I click the Office button while
waiting for the file to open it will open almost immediately. I'd be
interested to know if that works for you also.

It did not help.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll mark this thread and if I find anything
that helps I'll post back.

gls858