Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gls858 gls858 is offline

Default Excel 2007 painfully slow to open files

Wowbagger wrote:
Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am
finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) files by
double clicking either the file or a shortcut. If I have Excel open and go
through the ribbon menu to open the file from within Excel it opens
immediately - it is only slow when opening a file via shortcut or double
clicking the file with Excel closed.

Is there a fix for this?

I have the same problem. I've found if I click the Office button while
waiting for the file to open it will open almost immediately. I'd be
interested to know if that works for you also.

gls858