-   -   Excel 2007 painfully slow to open files (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/146352-excel-2007-painfully-slow-open-files.html)

Wowbagger

Excel 2007 painfully slow to open files

Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am
finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) files by
double clicking either the file or a shortcut. If I have Excel open and go
through the ribbon menu to open the file from within Excel it opens
immediately - it is only slow when opening a file via shortcut or double
clicking the file with Excel closed.

Is there a fix for this?

gls858

Wowbagger wrote:
Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am
finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) files by
double clicking either the file or a shortcut. If I have Excel open and go
through the ribbon menu to open the file from within Excel it opens
immediately - it is only slow when opening a file via shortcut or double
clicking the file with Excel closed.

Is there a fix for this?

I have the same problem. I've found if I click the Office button while
waiting for the file to open it will open almost immediately. I'd be
interested to know if that works for you also.

gls858

Wowbagger

Excel 2007 painfully slow to open files

I have the same problem. I've found if I click the Office button while
waiting for the file to open it will open almost immediately. I'd be
interested to know if that works for you also.

It did not help.

gls858

Wowbagger wrote:
I have the same problem. I've found if I click the Office button while
waiting for the file to open it will open almost immediately. I'd be
interested to know if that works for you also.

It did not help.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll mark this thread and if I find anything
that helps I'll post back.

gls858