Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I easily divide an excel list of names/addresses among 6 pe

I am very new to Excel and need to divide an excel spreadsheet with 250
names, addresses, dates, etc between 6 people in an order of wedding date.
Is there a really easy way to divide the list up so that each of the 6
people gets the next name on the list?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi MGrantvine,

I'm sure it will be fairly easy to sort your data, but we
need some more detail as to how your data is formatted
and exactly what result you would like.

For instance are your names, addresses, dates etc all in one
column or are they separated into separate columns.

You say you want them sorted into 6 groups sorted by wedding date.
This is a bit vague can you give more detail as to your requirements.

Awaiting your reply
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Assuming that you have your various data in seperate columns etc
I also assume that the data is in *date* order

You want to divided the list into 6 so that the first 6 weddings are given
1 each to the 6 people, then the next 6 to those same 6 etc etc.

Add an extra column of data with the values 1,2,3,4,5,6 repeated
The data an then be viewed via the data filter to show just one persion,
ie no 4
or by sorting on the person number first, then the date
you will have 6 *lists*

Exact details depened on the format of your data etc, but that's the idea
Steve

--
Steve (3)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I easily divide an excel list of names/addresses among

Thanks Martin- Someone else had replied as well, and I did finally figure it
out on my own -just had to do some thinking and playing with the columns- and
then sorted a few different ways to get the result I needed. I appreciate
your time!

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi MGrantvine,

I'm sure it will be fairly easy to sort your data, but we
need some more detail as to how your data is formatted
and exactly what result you would like.

For instance are your names, addresses, dates etc all in one
column or are they separated into separate columns.

You say you want them sorted into 6 groups sorted by wedding date.
This is a bit vague can you give more detail as to your requirements.

Awaiting your reply
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

OK glad you got it sorted out.