Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SS.Minnowski

Default Excel 2003 list of field codes for footers?

Hi - I am trying to add a "saved by" type of field to a custom footer in
Excel 2003. What I want is a document to print with footers that say who has
modified it last among some other fields. I was wondering if somewhere there
is a list of all the field codes (like "$[code]") available beyond what icons
you can click on when you open the custom footer dialog. I thought I saw a
list before in help on Excel but I can't find it again. I just want to be
able to write in new field codes for printing custom footers, and want more
complicated field codes than the 6 or 8 that Excel gives me automatically.

Also, is there a way to apply a footer made in one sheet to all sheets? I
have a lot of sheets in one book and don't want to repeat my entry.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

There is no field code that I am aware of to enter the user name in a
header or footer. A macro would be necessary. The following are the
codes that can be used when writing a macro.
Some, maybe all appear to work when entered manually.

The macro code for a user name would look something like...
ActiveSheet.PageSetUp.LeftFooter = Application.UserName
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

Code Description
&L Left aligns the characters that follow.
&C Centers the characters that follow.
&R Right aligns the characters that follow.
&E Turns double-underline printing on or off.
&X Turns superscript printing on or off.
&Y Turns subscript printing on or off.
&B Turns bold printing on or off.
&I Turns italic printing on or off.
&U Turns underline printing on or off.
&S Turns strikethrough printing on or off.
&D Prints the current date.
&T Prints the current time.
&F Prints the name of the document.
&A Prints the name of the workbook tab.
&P Prints the page number.
&P+number Prints the page number plus the specified number.
&P-number Prints the page number minus the specified number.
&& Prints a single ampersand.
&N Prints the total number of pages in the document.
& "fontname" Prints the characters that follow in the specified font.
Be sure to include the double quotation marks.
&nn Prints the characters that follow in the specified font size.
Use a two-digit number to specify a size in points.
'---------------------

"SS.Minnowski"
wrote in message
Hi - I am trying to add a "saved by" type of field to a custom footer in
Excel 2003. What I want is a document to print with footers that say who has
modified it last among some other fields. I was wondering if somewhere there
is a list of all the field codes (like "$[code]") available beyond what icons
you can click on when you open the custom footer dialog. I thought I saw a
list before in help on Excel but I can't find it again. I just want to be
able to write in new field codes for printing custom footers, and want more
complicated field codes than the 6 or 8 that Excel gives me automatically.

Also, is there a way to apply a footer made in one sheet to all sheets? I
have a lot of sheets in one book and don't want to repeat my entry.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bhofsetz

Is there a way to adjust the spacing of text in a header field?

I am trying to set a 3 line right header and would like the entries to
appear left justified (on the right side of the page). I can't use the
&L because it moves everything completely to the left header.

What I have

Date 04/20/2006
Order# 12345
Recieved 03/01/2006

I would like this header to appear like this:

Date 04/20/2006
Order# 12345
Recieved 03/01/2006

but at the right of the page
Any suggestions?

Thanks

--
bhofsetz
bhofsetz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18807

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

Not that I know of. You can fudge it by using spaces followed by a period.
Also, "i" before "e" except after "c".
Jim Cone

"bhofsetz"
wrote in message
Is there a way to adjust the spacing of text in a header field?
I am trying to set a 3 line right header and would like the entries to
appear left justified (on the right side of the page). I can't use the
&L because it moves everything completely to the left header.

What I have

Date 04/20/2006
Order# 12345
Recieved 03/01/2006

I would like this header to appear like this:

Date 04/20/2006
Order# 12345
Recieved 03/01/2006

but at the right of the page
Any suggestions?

Thanks

--
bhofsetz
bhofsetz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18807
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=533971

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bhofsetz

Thanks for the tip Jim.

I had already tried using spaces followed by a period but didn't want
the period to show when printed. Therefore I changed the font size of
the period with &01 which works but then for subsequent lines the font
size has to be changed back, etc. This makes what should be a fairly
simple header into a mess, plus I'm running out of the 255 characters
Excel allows you for the header since there are other entries in the
left and center sections.

So I was hoping there would be a simpler way to do this with.

An unrelated website I found interesting.
http://alt-usage-english.org/I_before_E.html