Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
PA PA is offline

Default A Linking Problem

Assume I have a column of numbers, in a file named Source. (range is B2:B10).
These cells are linked to a column in a file named Destination(range is
E2:E10).
If I add a new row 5 to the source, is there a way I can get the previously
linked cells in Destination to continue to display the correct values.
After adding the new row 5 in source, rows in Destination below row 5
display values from rows below (in the Source file).
I hope this is not too confusing a question (I am confused).
If it of importance, the linking was done using Paste Link in the Paste
Special dialog.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi PA

You can try to use Row() in your formula

=INDIRECT("Sheet2!A"&ROW())

It always point to the same row then

--
Regards Ron de Bruin