Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
aussievic

Default Excel Startup Problem

Hello Jan
I'm not very familiar with this messaging so please do not take umbrage if I
am a bit straight forward in my questioning. I am not intentionally meaning
to offend anyone. . . hopefully just stating my observations.
It's pretty dissappointing that here we are approx 2 years down the track
and still complaining about the same problem. Why haven't Microsoft put out a
patch to clear up this problem (or have they and I have been unable to find
it.??). The whole story smells of the situation whereby MS have tried to jump
the gun with Adobe, but now the problem has surfaced with Adobe not being
impressed.
I have also found that with Adobe 6.0 Professional installed the problem
does not occur on my laptop running XP Home and Office 2003 Professional -
purchased in 2005 and hopefully up-to-date with all the current patches.
Lastly, I also note that you have signed your messages as
Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com
_what does the MVP mean and are you connected with MS?

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

Hi Rya05,

Every time I starts excel 2000, I will get this message :
Compile error in Hidden Module: AutoExecNew

When ever I want to quit excel, I'll get another message:
Compile error in Hidden Module: DistMon

This is probably caused by an add-in file called
pdfwrite.xla.

Search your HD for the file and delete it.
Now open Excel, choose Tools, Add-ins and fine one that relates to
Acrobat reader. Click it and Excel will ask if it can be removed.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi aussievic

Hello Jan
I'm not very familiar with this messaging so please do not take umbrage if I
am a bit straight forward in my questioning. I am not intentionally meaning
to offend anyone. . . hopefully just stating my observations.

No problem!

It's pretty dissappointing that here we are approx 2 years down the track
and still complaining about the same problem. Why haven't Microsoft put out a
patch to clear up this problem (or have they and I have been unable to find
it.??).

Because the problem is caused by Adobe, not by MSFT.

Lastly, I also note that you have signed your messages as
Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com
_what does the MVP mean and are you connected with MS?

See: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

So no, not related to MS.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse