Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem with MS Community Newsgroups?

Is anyone else experiencing chronic delays or failure when trying
to access any of the Excel newsgroups through "MS Community
Newsgroups" (MSCN)? How do I report such problems?

By "MSCN", I mean: I go to http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups,
log in, navigate my way to the list of English Excel newsgroups,
then select one of them on the left.

For the past 2-3 days, usually I get an error to the effect of "page
not available". But occassionally, I can get to the page (list of
postings) after a very very long time, sometimes just after getting
the "not available" error(!).

I do not believe this is a browser problem. I am using IE 6.0 and
Win XP SP2. I have had not problems for months/years.

I do not believe it is a local network problem. Obviously, I have
no problem posting to the same newsgroups using Google Groups.
However, it could a problem within my ISP's network. But it could
also be a problem within the MS network. That is why I am asking
if others are experiencing the same problem chronically.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim Cone wrote:
There is a much easier way using Outlook Express.
Details here...
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm
or here
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tutorials/oe_ng/

I am not interested in altrenatives. I am interested in confirming
the root cause of the problem and reporting them.