Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I use addins with the excel spreadsheet?

--
Lois Ann
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Can you elaborate?

Any particular addins? Do you want to know how to build one or how to
activate one?
--
Kind Regards,
Will Riley

"Lois Ann" wrote:

--
Lois Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

--
Lois Ann

"WillR" wrote:

Can you elaborate?

Any particular addins? Do you want to know how to build one or how to
activate one?
--
Kind Regards,
Will Riley

"Lois Ann" wrote:
I don't know how to use the addins. I've had two addins emailed to me and finally got them added into the tools, but now what? I'm taking an online civil engineering course and these addin would help me find the bearings and such for latitudes and departures and such. But I just don't know what to do? Do I put my information in or what.

Thanks

--
Lois Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Are they activated under ToolsAddins (i.e. is the checkbox next to them
ticked?)

The long answer to your question really depends on what the addins are
supposed to do. If they contain functions, once the addins are active, any
User Defined functions (UDFs) within the addins should be available for you
to use via the function wizard.

They will probably be entitled

=theaddin.xla!LATITUDE

or whatever the function(s) are called
--
Kind Regards,
Will Riley

"Lois Ann" wrote:

--
Lois Ann

"Lois Ann" wrote:
I don't know how to use the addins. I've had two addins emailed to me and finally got them added into the tools, but now what? I'm taking an online civil engineering course and these addin would help me find the bearings and such for latitudes and departures and such. But I just don't know what to do? Do I put my information in or what.

Thanks

--
Lois Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

So I use the function first and then put in my information in the correct
cells? Do I start by using the function wizard first?
--
Lois Ann

"Lois Ann" wrote:

--
Lois Ann

"Lois Ann" wrote:
I don't know how to use the addins. I've had two addins emailed to me and finally got them added into the tools, but now what? I'm taking an online civil engineering course and these addin would help me find the bearings and such for latitudes and departures and such. But I just don't know what to do? Do I put my information in or what.

Thanks

--
Lois Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Lois Ann wrote:
So I use the function first and then put in my information in the correct
cells? Do I start by using the function wizard first?

Why don't you start by telling us exactly what it is you would like to do?
Or would you rather have us guess?

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

OK, I have a latitude and a departure. I want to find the bearing and the
length of a straight line from one point to another point. Maybe you know of
a template for surveying that I can use? The addins I got emailed to me and I
added to excel are there. I just don't know how to use them. I've emailed the
person I got them from and asked him, but never received any answer. Look I"m
just an old lady, trying to understand something I don't and it is taking me
forever to understand more of what my husband is doing putting in bridges,
and I thought I could learn this by taking an online civil engineering
course. Pretty dumb of me hugh?
--
Lois Ann

"gls858" wrote:

Lois Ann wrote:
So I use the function first and then put in my information in the correct
cells? Do I start by using the function wizard first?

Why don't you start by telling us exactly what it is you would like to do?
Or would you rather have us guess?

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Lois Ann wrote:
OK, I have a latitude and a departure. I want to find the bearing and the
length of a straight line from one point to another point. Maybe you know of
a template for surveying that I can use? The addins I got emailed to me and I
added to excel are there. I just don't know how to use them. I've emailed the
person I got them from and asked him, but never received any answer. Look I"m
just an old lady, trying to understand something I don't and it is taking me
forever to understand more of what my husband is doing putting in bridges,
and I thought I could learn this by taking an online civil engineering
course. Pretty dumb of me hugh?

Not dumb, just self confident :-) Learning any new program takes a while,
hang in there. It sounds like this addin may be a custom one. I know almost
nothing about surveying. Maybe someone else here can help. At least now
they have some idea of what you're trying to do.

gls858