Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
paul paul is offline

Default How do I use addins with the excel spreadsheet?

this may help you to decipher the add ins,or gain some understanding how
excel deals withte problems,Lois.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm

--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"gls858" wrote:

Lois Ann wrote:
OK, I have a latitude and a departure. I want to find the bearing and the
length of a straight line from one point to another point. Maybe you know of
a template for surveying that I can use? The addins I got emailed to me and I
added to excel are there. I just don't know how to use them. I've emailed the
person I got them from and asked him, but never received any answer. Look I"m
just an old lady, trying to understand something I don't and it is taking me
forever to understand more of what my husband is doing putting in bridges,
and I thought I could learn this by taking an online civil engineering
course. Pretty dumb of me hugh?

Not dumb, just self confident :-) Learning any new program takes a while,
hang in there. It sounds like this addin may be a custom one. I know almost
nothing about surveying. Maybe someone else here can help. At least now
they have some idea of what you're trying to do.

gls858